Yosemite Inverness House
7182 Manzanita Ln
Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
Coming from San Francisco, Sacramento or the East Entrance to the Park
- Take Highway 120 East (or 120 West if coming from the east) and follow the signs to Yosemite Valley.
- Follow the directions below from Yosemite Valley
Coming from Yosemite Valley
- Follow the Valley Loop road as if making to leave the park, but at the West end of the Valley, take the left turn across Pohono Bridge at the stop sign. This is the only left turn after El Capitan.
- Take the next right, following signs to Hwy 41, Wawona or Fresno (Bridalveil Falls parking is on your left after you make the turn)
- Stay on Hwy 41 past Wawona Tunnel (fantastic views of Half Dome, especially at sunset)
- It’s about 7.5 miles from the Wawona Tunnel to the Yosemite West turn-off, which is the only road on the right for about 20 miles.
- Look for the Chinquapin intersection with some large parking areas, and white government buildings (including a restroom). There will be a road going up to the left toward Glacier Point or Badger Pass.
- The right turn into Yosemite West is about 0.5 miles past the Chinquapin intersection, and is marked with a big brown sign. If you start going downhill, you’ve missed it. Turn right onto Henness Ridge Road and then follow the “In the Neighborhood” directions
Coming from the South Entrance via Los Angeles, Fresno, Oakhurst, Fish Camp, or Wawona
- Stay on Hwy 41 through the Park Entrance Gate.
- Turn left (the road to the right leads to the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias)
- Pass the town of Wawona (a historic Victorian-style hotel, gas station and gift shop on the right; golf course to your left)
- The Yosemite West turn off is ~12.5 miles from Wawona and is signed. It is the the only left turn for over 20 miles
- If you get to a big intersection with white buildings (restrooms!) and a road leading to the right you have gone about 0.5 miles too far. Pull into one of the parking areas and get turned around.
In the Neighborhood
The total distance from where you leave Highway 41 until you arrive at the house is 2.7 miles. Numbers in parentheses are cumulative mileages from the intersection with Hwy 41.
- First Y intersection: turn right — at the mailboxes (0.7 mi from Hwy 41)
- Second Y intersection (1.1 mi): turn right — downhill next to the guard rail with a great view
- First T intersection (1.7 mi): turn right — left is a cul de sac. Follow this up, around a large horseshoe bend, and back downhill again
- Second T intersection (2.7 mi): turn right — again left is a cul-de-sac
- Yosemite Inverness is the located at the end of the cul-de-sac on Manzanita Lane
Remove all food, trash and scented items from your car. Bears will destroy your car door and perhaps your car interior to get at food and this will result in the bear being put down by rangers. Protect your car and our bears by bringing all food inside.
Kick off your shoes, relax and have a great stay in Yosemite!